Please contact email@example.com with any questions or concerns. We’re here to help.
UpGuard events code of conduct
UpGuard events are dedicated to providing a harassment-free learning experience for everyone, regardless of:
- Gender identity and expression
- Sexual orientation
- Physical appearance
- Body size
- Religion (or lack thereof)
- Technology choices
We don’t tolerate harassment of any form. Sexual language and imagery is not appropriate for any event, including talks, workshops, meetups, parties, Twitter, and other online media.
- Offensive verbal comments related to gender, gender identity and expression, age, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, ethnicity, religion (or lack thereof), or technology choices
- Sexual images in public spaces
- Deliberate intimidation
- Harassing photography or recording
- Sustained disruption of talks or other events
- Inappropriate physical contact
- Unwelcome sexual attention
If someone makes you or anyone else feel unsafe or unwelcome, please report it to an event organizer or UpGuard staff as soon as possible.
Harassment and other code of conduct violations reduce the value of our event for everyone. We want you to be comfortable at our event. You can make a report either personally or anonymously.
If you see a code of conduct violation and you’re comfortable doing so, let the person know that what they did is inappropriate and ask them to stop. That person should immediately stop the behavior and correct the issue.
If the behavior continues, or if you’re uncomfortable speaking up:
- Contact event organizers or UpGuard staff as soon as possible (in person at the event, anonymously, or via email)
- An event organizer or UpGuard staff member will either take immediate action or address the issue and take further action as soon as possible
When taking a personal report, our event organizer or UpGuard staff will ensure you’re safe and can’t be overheard. They may involve other event staff to ensure your report is managed properly. Once you’re safe, we’ll ask you to tell us what happened. We realize this can be upsetting, but we’ll handle it as respectfully as possible, and you can bring someone to support you. You won’t be asked to confront anyone and we won’t tell anyone who you are.
Our team will be happy to help you:
- Contact venue security, local law enforcement, or local support services
- Provide escorts, or otherwise assist you to feel safe for the duration of the event
We value you and appreciate your attendance.
Anyone asked to stop any harassing behavior must do so immediately. If a participant engages in harassing behavior, the event organizers may take any action they deem appropriate, including warning the offender or expelling them from the event (without a refund, if applicable).
Sponsors are also subject to the anti-harassment policy. In particular, sponsors should not use sexualized images, activities, or other material. UpGuard event organizers should not use sexualized clothing/uniforms/costumes, or otherwise create a sexualized environment.