Digital risk management is the process of mitigating digital risk across all risk categories.
There are 9 categories of digital risk.
Cybersecurity and third-party risks have the greatest impact across all categories. Focusing control measures on these categories compresses the entire digital risk profile.
What does Digital Risk Management Involve?
Digital Risk Management (DRM) involves detecting, remediating, and monitoring digital risks.
An effective Digital Risk Management program can be implemented in 5 steps:
- Step 1 - Identify All Exposed Assets
- Step 2 - Create an Incident Response Plan (IRP)
- Step 3 - Reduce Your Attack Surface
- Step 4 - Monitor All Network Access
- Step 5 - Continuously Monitor Your Attack Surface