Any third party risk management program starts with the collection of security evidence. And it takes time and effort to chase your vendors to complete security questionnaires, provide additional evidence and then validate their responses. Let our analysts do this for you, so you can better allocate your security resources.
Instantly request our third-party risk analyst team to kick off a new vendor risk assessment.
- One-click request through the UpGuard platform
- Collect relevant information about this vendor, to kick off an assessment
- Let your vendor know that UpGuard will be assessing them
Prioritize and tier your vendors, so we apply the appropriate level of due diligence through the risk assessment process. You can decide if UpGuard should simply chase evidence, or conduct a risk assessment and facilitate remediation.
- Classify your vendors by criticality
- Prioritize UpGuard risk assessment activities
Let us chase and follow up your vendors to ensure they complete questionnaires and provide relevant evidence.
- Don't let vendors avoid giving you evidence
- Track progress in a single dashboard
- Get updated as soon as vendor evidence is available
UpGuard’s meticulously designed questionnaire library means you no longer have to create questionnaires from scratch.
- UpGuard questionnaire
- Short-form UpGuard questionnaire
- ISO 27001 questionnaire
- NIST Cybersecurity framework questionnaire
- PCI DSS questionnaire
- COBIT 5 questionnaire
- ISA 62443-2-1:2009 questionnaire
- ISA 62443-3-3:2013 questionnaire
- GDPR questionnaire
- CIS Controls 7.1 questionnaire
- NIST SP 800-53 Rev. 4 questionnaire
- CCPA questionnaire
- Modern slavery questionnaire
- Pandemic questionnaire
- Security and privacy program questionnaire
- Web application security questionnaire
- Infrastructure security questionnaire
- Physical and data centre security questionnaire
Improve the speed and consistency of your vendors' responses to information requests. We'll validate responses to security questionnaires and requests for additional evidence.
- Be certain that vendor responses make sense
- No unanswered questions
- Link additional evidence to their responses
Failure to detect exposed data can have serious consequences on your business, from enabling corporate espionage to customer identity theft. This data provides attackers with a huge advantage: enabling reconnaissance, providing a foothold in the network for further exploration, selling data to the highest bidder, or holding data at ransom.
Data leak detection
UpGuard's proprietary Data Leak Search Engine scans every corner of the Internet, and identifies data that presents a risk. It doesn't just monitor your Internet presence but also scans every website we can find, cloud storage buckets, source code repos like GitHub, the Dark Web, pastebin, exposed databases like Mongodb, and many other sources.
- Detect sensitive documents that aren’t meant for distribution
- Protect customer data and avoid reputation, business, and regulatory damage
- Find exposed employee credentials before attackers do
- Automatically classify identified leaks
- Identify API keys from hundreds of providers, database connection strings, SSL certificates, and more
- Monitor for data exposures that occur at third-party party vendors that reference your organization
Vendor data leak detection
Don't get surprised by a vendor data leak. Provide UpGuard with a list of vendors you want to monitor, and get notified when any of them leak their data.
- Prevent data leakage due to third party breaches
- Identify your critical risk vendors
- Manage all third-party risks
- Collaborate with vendors on remediation efforts
- Get analyst support to close the leaks
Assess and remediate vendor risk
Stop using lengthy and error-prone spreadsheet-based vendor risk assessments. Let our analysts perform these for you, right from within the UpGuard platform. From evidence obtained from security questionnaires to additional evidence such as security documents, we combine these with security ratings and data leak detection to create a comprehensive third-party risk assessment. When we’re done, you can access the risk assessment in the platform and we can help you with your remediation strategy.
Managed risk assessment
Our analysts use UpGuard platform's in-built risk assessment process to comprehensively assess your third-party vendors.
- Request a managed risk assessment in one click
- Track the progress of your risk assessments
- Review completed risk assessments
- Review the evidence (like security questionnaire) we used to complete the assessment
- Include results from security ratings, questionnaires and data leaks scans
- Export the assessment as a PDF report
Our team will analyze all security questionnaire responses and publish them in the risk assessment report.
- Analyze security questionnaire responses
- Assign risk severity
- Security questionnaire ratings
- Single view of risks in the assessment report
Vendor security ratings
Instantly understand your vendor’s overall security posture.
- Easy to understand for non-technical stakeholders and senior management
- Updated multiple times a day
- Based on the analysis of each of your vendor’s underlying domains and their security posture
- Takes into account risks identified in UpGuard security questionnaires
Vendor data leak assessment
Our managed risk assessments include a vendor data leak search. Our team will analyze the results and include any identified risks in the assessment report.
- Prevent data leakage due to third party breaches
- Identify vendors with poor data security
- Manage third party risks
- Collaborate with vendors on remediation efforts
Additional evidence analysis
Our team will analyse additional evidence like publicly available security reports and audit reports (e.g. SOC-2, ISO27001).
- Comprehensive view of a vendor's security posture
- Reuse existing documentation to reinforce the risk assessment
- All risks identified are published in a risk assessment report
Eliminate the pain of chasing vendors to remediate risks. Our analysts will use the results of a vendor risk assessment to create a remediation plan and expedite the remediation process. Similarly, we'll also help your close any data leaks for your organization.
Our analysts will prepare a remediation plan based on the risk assessment report.
- Risk mitigation recommendation for each identified risk
- Save time and deploy security resources more efficiently
- PDF version available
Managed remediation process
Ease the pain of chasing vendors for risk remediation. Our analysts proactively follow up with your vendors, helping shorten the remediation cycle.
- Chase vendors to remediate risks
- Record who conducted the remediation
- Improve your own security rating by remediating vendor risks
Track the progress of remediation activities through a single, easy-to-use dashboard.
- Single remediation dashboard
- Track the progress of your requests
- Know when risks are remediated
Close data leaks
UpGuard gives you everything you need to close data leaks before they fall into the wrong hands.
- Review findings within the platform
- Remediate leaks with support from our analyst team
- Get notified in-app and via email when leaks are closed
- Close leaks and prevent costly data breaches
Manage vendor risk
Reporting and insights
Effectively report on your third-party risk management program to the Board and C-Suite. Have more productive conversations and create a common language and reporting framework that is easily understood by anyone at your organization.
Use our prebuilt executive reporting suite to get insights right inside the platform. With structure access to your data, you can do things such as: see your average vendor security rating and twelve-month history, explore your current vendor risk ratings breakdown, and find your highest and lowest rated vendors.
- Prebuilt reporting for your third-party risk management program
- Current average vendor rating and twelve-month history
- Distribution of vendor ratings and twelve-month comparison
- Highest and lowest-rated vendors
- Most and least improved vendors
- Concentration of fourth-party technologies
Share access to your UpGuard account with other team members with confidence. Each user gets an individual account with fine-grained access control.
Roles and permissions
Tailor access for your team to ensure that sensitive information and actions are protected. Keep track of who has access to your UpGuard account and remove team members easily.
- Get fine-grained control on providing specific users access to specific products and features
- Create roles, and associate permissions with these
- Grant users access to a role
- A change in permission associated with a role applies to all users with that role
Secure access to the UpGuard platform and your account data. Integrate with various SSO options like Microsoft Azure, Okta, and Ping Identity. As long as your identity provider has a SAML interface we can integrate with it.
- SSO options like Microsoft Azure, Okta, and Ping Identity
- SAML integration
Attach notes for your teammates on remediation requests, risk waivers, and data leaks to give them context when they jump into the platform.
Documents and contacts
Capture contact details and store relevant documentation on a vendor directly in the UpGuard platform.
- Know exactly where to find contact details and documents about a specific vendor
Keep track of important events and who performed them inside the UpGuard platform.
- Real-time reporting and data
- Filter by user, event type, and time
- Streamline workflows
Integrate and extend the UpGuard platform with other tools with our easy to use API that can save hours of human time.
Access information about your UpGuard account programmatically.
UpGuard CyberResearch Datasheet
UpGuard CyberResearch scales your third-party risk program, and continuously monitors your organisation and your vendors for data leaks.
- Key features and benefits of UpGuard CyberResearch
- More info on UpGuard CyberResearch and UpGuard
Free instant security score
How secure is your organization?
Request a free cybersecurity report to discover key risks on your website, email, network, and brand.
- Instant insights you can act on immediately
- Hundreds of risk factors including email security, SSL, DNS health, open ports and common vulnerabilities