The Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP) is a protocol that communicates with applications and sensitive user data across directory services.
- Active Directory and OpenLDAP are the two most popular directory services that communicate with LDAP
- LDAP is also used as an authentication mechanism
- SASL is the most secure mechanism for LDAP authentication
No items found.
More from our blog
Learn more about the latest issues in cybersecurity.
Sign up to our newsletter
Get the latest curated cybersecurity news, breaches, events and updates in your inbox every week.
Free instant security score
How secure is your organization?
Request a free cybersecurity report to discover key risks on your website, email, network, and brand.
- Instant insights you can act on immediately
- Hundreds of risk factors including email security, SSL, DNS health, open ports and common vulnerabilities