Axel is a lawyer turned marketer. He now applies his regulatory compliance and customer acquisition expertise at UpGuard.
- Regulatory compliance best practices
- The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
- FIPS 140-3
- Australian cybersecurity requirements
- HIPAA compliance
Axel developed his foundation in information security while working as a partner marketing manager at Cisco. He was responsible for marketing Cisco products through all of its Asia Pacific channels - a demanding position requiring expert knowledge in IT systems and data security frameworks.
Prior to this, Axel worked as a lawyer at a top-tier Australian commercial law firm. During his three-year term in the role, Axel worked on some of Australia’s largest and most complex legal transactions.
Some of Axel’s key achievements in cybersecurity and law are summarized below:
- Co-authored and revised several technical whitepapers across a range of cybersecurity topics including third-party vendor risk mitigation and vendor regulatory compliance.
- Facilitated the expansion and specialization of the UpGuard product in the finance, technology, and healthcare sectors.
- Worked at Dropbox to market cloud storage solutions to small and medium businesses with a chief focus on cloud security.
Axel earned his Bachelor of Law and Bachelor of Commerce from the University of New South Wales.
Quote from Axel Sukianto
“The weight of regulatory standards is insignificant in light of the hefty fines and reputational damage of non-compliance.”